Site Assistant / Site Foreman (Winnipeg)
Novacom is a leading Construction Manager and General Contractor based in Surrey, BC and working throughout BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. We believe in constantly improving ourselves to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our core business is commercial construction and renovations of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces.
We're doing construction differently, and we're thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry. If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have opportunities to grow, be challenged and known by your co-workers, then come join us!
We are looking for a Site Assistant / Site Foreman for a new base building McDonald's restaurant in Winnipeg beginning in late May. The purpose of this role is to assist our Site Superintendent with logistics and management of the project and trade partner/supplier co-ordination, as well as completion of hands on work on site.
- Driven - self-motivated and driven to push things forward no matter the circumstance
- Energetic - engaged personality that takes on complex challenges with enthusiasm
- Independent - ability to communicate effectively with team, but also act authoritatively on your own
- Humble - willingness to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
- Personable - able to build and maintain solid relationships with vendors and clients
- Communicator - good at proactively with subtrades and team, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Organizer- meticulous in site organization
- Hand Skills - wide variety of hand skills and ability to complete carpentry items and miscellaneous installations
- 5-10 years' experience in the commercial construction field
- Construction knowledge - overall understanding of construction process, sequencing, etc
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Salary Range - $55,000 - $65,000