Site Superintendent (BC)
Novacom is a leading Construction Manager and General Contractor based in Surrey, BC and working throughout BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. We believe in constantly improving ourselves to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our core business is commercial construction and renovations of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces.
We're doing construction differently, and we're thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry. If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have opportunities to grow, be challenged and known by your co-workers, then come join us!
We are looking for an experienced Site Superintendent to join our growing team, who will be responsible for a management of projects with values up to $10 Million.
- Driven - self-motivated and driven to push things forward no matter the circumstance
- Energetic - engaged personality that takes on complex challenges with enthusiasm
- Independent - ability to communicate effectively with team, but also act authoritatively on your own
- Honest - willingness to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
- Administrative - ability to track budgets, change orders, field reports, weekly progress reports etc.
- Personable - able to build and maintain solid relationships with vendors and clients
- Communicator - good at proactively with subtrades and team, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Organizer- meticulous in site organization
- Mobile - willing to travel and be flexible in work locations
- 5-10 years' experience in the commercial construction field, preferably in a Site Superintendent capacity
- Construction knowledge - overall understanding of construction process, sequencing, etc
- Job Site Coordination -- manage day-to-day activities on site and ensure that the project runs smoothly from start to finish.
- Subtrade/Supplier Management - ability to manage construction subtrades and suppliers on the job site and mitigate issues that may arise in the course of a project
- Project Management Interface -- ability to work in partnership with the Project Management team to deliver a high quality finished product while managing the schedule and budget
- Client Interface -- meeting with architects, consultants, and clients to manage project issues and maintain positive working relationships
- Project Documentation --use Microsoft and other web-based software to manage labour, materials, and equipment, cost coding, expense submittals, field reports, schedules, meeting minutes, request for changes, etc.
- Budget Management -- continuous monitoring and management of project budget, ability to minimize project costs through inventive methods and regular financial reporting to management
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Salary Range - $80,000 - $100,000
- Please indicate whether you prefer to be engaged as an employee or independent contractor.