Warranty & Quality Control Manager
Novacom is a leading Construction Manager and General Contractor based in Surrey, BC and working throughout Western Canada.
We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. We believe in constantly improving ourselves to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our core business is commercial construction and renovations of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces.
We're doing construction differently, and we're thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry. If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have opportunities to grow, be challenged and known by your co-workers, then come join us!
We are looking for a Warranty & Quality Control Manager who will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of quality across all of our projects, as well as providing care for our clients during the post-construction warranty period. One of the biggest challenges in our industry is finishing projects well, our goal is to transform this experience for our clients both in the closeout and warranty phases. This person will be equipped with a dedicated Sprinter van, fully set up with tools and materials.
- Driven - self-motivated and driven to push things forward no matter the circumstance
- Energetic - engaged personality that takes on complex challenges with enthusiasm
- Independent - able to communicate effectively with team, but also act authoritatively on your own
- Humble - willing to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
- Administrative - able to track status of warranty items, manage incoming requests, and schedule completion of trade and self-performed items
- Personable - able to build and maintain solid relationships with vendors and clients, and leave a great impression of Novacom in each interaction
- Communicator - able to proactively and clearly communicate with our team, vendors, and clients both verbally and in writing
- Flexible - willing to work various shifts to meet client's scheduling requirements
- Closer - thrives on getting things done and checking off lists, leaving no loose ends behind
- 3 years' experience in a customer service / warranty role in residential or commercial construction
- Construction knowledge - overall understanding of construction process, sequencing, etc.
- Wide range of hand skills - able to take care of many small items such as drywall patching, painting, and finish carpentry
- Quality Control - periodically visit projects in progress to perform quality reviews and work with Site Superintendents and Trade Partners to rectify items, develop processes and standards for quality control
- Punch List Process - toward end of a project, walk through each site with the Site Superintendent and prepare a detailed punch list, assist in expediting completion of all punch list items with photos and report back to client and project team
- Warranty & Post-Construction Client Care - be the point person for all warranty items and issues following the construction period, work with clients and trade partners to expedite quick completion of items and report back to all parties with photos and updates
- Novacom's self-administered benefit plan
- Profit sharing / incentive
- Full time use of company vehicle including fuel