Novacom is a leading Construction Manager and General Contractor based in Surrey, BC and working throughout Western Canada.
We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. We believe in constantly improving ourselves to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our core business is commercial construction and renovations of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces.
We're doing construction differently, and we're thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry. If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have opportunities to grow, be challenged and known by your co-workers, then come join us!
We are looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to join our growing team, who will be responsible for assisting in management of a variety of projects. This role would be based out of our Surrey, BC office. For candidates who excel in this position they may be an opportunity to grow into a Project Manager position.
- Energetic - engaged personality that takes on complex challenges with enthusiasm. Willingness to embrace any task assigned to them
- Driven - self-motivated and driven to push things forward no matter the circumstance
- Independent - ability to communicate effectively with team and take instruction from Project Manager, but also act authoritatively on your own
- Honest - willingness to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
- Administrative - ability to track budgets, change orders, field reports, weekly progress reports etc.
- Personable - able to build and maintain solid relationships with coworkers and clients
- Communicator - good at proactively with subtrades and team, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Organizer- meticulous in project organization
- Post-secondary, technical education (BCIT) or similar in a construction or industry-related program
- Project Manager support -- provide support to multiple project managers and other colleagues as needed.
- Project Startup -- issuing contracts, requesting insurance and bonds, WCB notices, etc.
- Project Documentation -- using Timberline and Microsoft software to manage labour, materials, and equipment, cost coding, submittals, schedules, meeting minutes, change orders, etc.
- Subtrade/Supplier Management -- ability to manage construction subtrades and suppliers, and mitigate issues that may arise in the course of a project
- Client Interface -- attending meetings with project manager, architects, consultants, and clients to manage project issues and maintain positive working relationships
- Novacom's self-administered benefit plan
- Profit sharing / incentive
- Salary commensurate with experience - typical range is $50-65K
- Excellent candidates may have opportunity for growth within the company