Project Manager (Alberta)
We are looking for an experienced Alberta based Project Manager to join our growing team, and to lead our growth in the Alberta market. Novacom has had a presence in Alberta for 18 years, and due to the rapid growth in volume over the past 4 years we're no longer able to manage this work out of our Vancouver office.
This position is more than just a Project Management opportunity, it's a chance to join an established and fast growing company and be a part of building a great Alberta team. The role would be based out of a home office or co-working space, and would be supported by our Vancouver Head Office and our team of Alberta based Site Superintendents. The projects would be located throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Novacom is a leading Construction Manager and General Contractor based in Surrey, BC and working throughout Western Canada. We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. We believe in constantly improving ourselves to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our core business is commercial construction and renovations of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces.
We're doing construction differently, and we're thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry. If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have opportunities to grow, be challenged and known by your co-workers, then come join us!
- Driven - self-motivated and driven to push things forward no matter the circumstance
- Energetic - engaged personality that takes on complex challenges with enthusiasm
- Independent - ability to communicate effectively with team, but also act authoritatively on your own
- Humble - willingness to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
- Administrative - ability to track schedules, change orders, field reports, weekly progress reports etc.
- Financial Focus - desire to meticulously manage project budgets and financial reporting
- Personable - able to build and maintain solid relationships with vendors and clients
- Communicator - good at proactively with subtrades and team, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Organizer- meticulous in site organization
- Mobile - willing to travel to various sites across Alberta & Saskatchewan for site meetings, visits, interface etc.
- 5-10 years' experience in the commercial construction field, preferably in a Project Management capacity
- Construction knowledge - overall understanding of construction process, sequencing, etc.
- Post-secondary, technical education (BCIT) or similar in a construction or industry-related program
- Project Startup -- issuing contracts, requesting insurance and bonds, WCB notices, etc.
- Project Documentation -- using Timberline and Microsoft software to manage labour, materials, and equipment, cost coding, submittals, schedules, meeting minutes, change orders, etc.
- Subtrade/Supplier Management -- ability to manage construction subtrades and suppliers, and mitigate issues that may arise in the course of a project
- Site Superintendent Interface -- ability to work in partnership with Site Superintendent to deliver a high quality finished product while managing the schedule and budget
- Client Interface -- meeting with architects, consultants, and clients to manage project issues and maintain positive working relationships
- Budget Management -- continuous monitoring and management of project budget, ability to minimize project costs through inventive methods and regular financial reporting to management
- Invoicing -- preparation of monthly progress claims, review and approval of subtrade and supplier invoices
- Salary will be commensurate with experience